I have not one, but TWO Glendale sketch comedy shows at UCBLA this week: Wednesday, July 7 and Saturday, July 12. Both shows are at UCB Sunset, and both have some weird, physical, absurd, and dark stuff. I encourage you to attend!
Also, here are some original humor pieces and old joke round-ups I’ve done for someecards recently:
Read it on someecards.
One of the last things I worked on with DJ Faucet was an episode of Funny or Die’s Test Tube, which was released today! I wrote the last two sketches.
I wrote this thing about women from the ocean trying to find true love. It’s a slow burn. Stick with it.
In order to spend more time on some new projects and cool opportunities that have come my way, I recently made the difficult decision to leave DJ Faucet, the sketch comedy team I’ve been writing and performing with at iO West for the last two-and-a-half years. I love these guys a lot, and I’m so proud of the weird, dark sketch comedy we’ve made together — comedy that we’ve brought to the Comedy Central Stage, the San Francisco Sketchfest, the Chicago Sketchfest, and the Kirk Douglas Theater, among other places. If you’re in Los Angeles, please join us on Tuesday, 3/24 at 9 pm at the LA Scripted Comedy Fest at iO West. You can buy tickets through that link.
This won’t be the last thing you see from me with DJ Faucet folks — not only do I have plans to continue collaborating with people on the team in other ways, but we also have some cool video stuff coming out soon.
Here are a couple of DJ Faucet videos that I wrote and were shot, edited, and directed for video by the excellent gentlemen of Cascade Up:
- 5 Exciting New Ways You’re Screwing Up Your Children
- 10 Reasons Why You’re Still a Single Dog
- 14 Things You Definitely Shouldn’t Think About While Meditating
- Shark Steals Fish Right Off Fisherman’s Line (with bizarre YouTube captions)
We will have knives, wigs, and a lot of people who are either yelling or sad. Join us at UCB Sunset!
Here are two things I am very excited to announce:
1. I am writing for a new UCB Maude team! So new that we don’t have a name yet! Maybe we will be named FISHPUNCH.*
2. I’ll be teaching level one sketch writing at The Nerdist School starting later this month. I’m designing the curriculum to be helpful for both new and veteran sketch writers. The class won’t just be about learning the form and function of great sketch writing — it’ll also be about defining and developing each writer’s unique voice. Sign up here!
* We will probably not be named FISHPUNCH.
There’s a new piece I wrote up on someecards The Loom: 10 Ways to Artfully Hide Your Baby’s Junk in Photos. I am just so happy about how that image above turned out.
Also, if you’re in San Francisco tonight, there are still a few tickets for DJ Faucet’s last SF Sketchfest show!